As well as any bathroom equipment, your acrylic bathtub requires periodic cleanings. So below we will look how to care your acrylic bathtub in a proper way in order to prevent its premature “aging”.
By the way, you won’t have to find out the answer to the question how to choose the best acrylic cleaners, if you take care of your bathtub properly.
Mind one simple rule: after each use, rinse the bathtub with warm water, work it up with a sponge and some neutral detergent and only after that wipe with a clean cloth (you can take an old towel for this).
However, cleaning acrylic bathtub washing detergent should be used not more than once every two weeks. And the detergent has to be applied just onto the bath walls. Leave it for a few minutes, then wipe off with a sponge and rinse with warm water. After washing, wipe your bathtub with a dry towel.
We can’t but mention that the main troubles of all the acrylic bathtub owners are the lime sedimentations, which are considered to be characteristic features of this bathtub type. They are called water stones.
Of course, many acrylic cleaners solve this problem effectively, but before you treat acrylic bathtub with detergents, try to use something more harmful. Now we are going to introduce you some simple methods.
- Fill the bathtub with water, the temperature of which is within the range of 20-25 degrees. The water level must be sufficient enough in order to ensure that all lime sedimentations are covered with a water layer of at least 5 cm.
- Add into the water 5 liters of 7% solution of citric acid or vinegar.
- Thoroughly mix the water in the bathtub. By the way you can use a jet shower for this purpose. Then leave your bathroom equipment for at least 12 hours.
- Drain the water with the acid, wash thoroughly your bathtub with the help of the shower and clean by a cotton cloth.
Do you know that besides the proper cleaning acrylic bathtubs also require some disinfection? Are we able to do it at home? – Of course! But pay attention to the following steps.
- Not more than once a year, fill the bathtub with water (20C)
- Add to the bath some special cleaners with disinfectant used for the acrylic bathtubs.
- Thoroughly mix the water in the bathroom.
- Wash the bath with water spray from the shower in order to remove remnants of disinfectant completely. Do not forget that the contact with them can cause irritation to the skin.
- After proper washing and drying your tub is ready for using.
And finally we would like to tell that choosing the acrylic cleaners from the great range of proposed production, remember that the cleaner should not be too aggressive and it shouldn’t contain any abrasive particles. Sometimes there is no need in detergents, and you can clean it in a different way without any additional troubles.