Many people know that nowadays acrylic bathtubs are among the most popular ones, although they have recently appeared on the market.
But have you ever thought what acrylic is? – In fact, this is plastic, or to be more precisely, a special synthetic polymer. This is product of the polymerization of acrylic esters that are resistant to oxygen, light and chemical reagents.
We can’t but mention that the entire acrylic range for the bathtub production is manufactured in Holland.
Having decided to choose acrylic bathtub for your home, you should be aware of its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages based on acrylic bathtub reviews include:
- high resistance to mechanical damage, particularly to abrasion;
- acrylic tub repair can be done rather easily. You can restore its original appearance, in the case it has been destroyed by cracks or hitting by a metal object;
- high heat and noise insulation are practically the same as quality cast iron baths have;
- all in all there is a great variety of shapes and colors of acrylic bathtubs.
In order to choose a good acrylic bath, you need to know that the acrylic thickness of high-quality products is 4-5 – mm. So if you are proposed an acrylic bathtub with thickness of 6 mm or more know that it can’t be true.
The specialists are sure that it is technologically impossible to achieve this acrylic thickness. In this case, you would get a plastic bathroom covered with 1-2 mm acrylic and the quality would be rally low.
Also, do not bother much with the complex form of your acrylic baths. Why? – The matter is that as acrylic bathtub reviews show, the more complex shape your bath has, the lower the quality of acrylic is. You see acrylic is a material, which can’t be bent well.
Pay attention to the quality of the acrylic bathtub reinforcement, the thicker one is really the better one. So before you buy an acrylic bathtub mind the following information:
- Tap on it: the sound should be as remote as it is possible. Loud sounds generally are not welcome;
- On the edge you have to see the number of reinforcement layers, which have been done at the factory in order to strength the bathtub.
- The best acrylic bathtubs are produced by manufacturers from the USA, Holland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Italy. Sometimes they are much more expensive, than the others, but their quality, reliability, appearance, long-term operation are really indisputable.